Keeping the spotlight on Jesus Christ, we look forward to the events of Chesterton Southern Baptist Church. Find details here as soon as events are scheduled.
NO SERVICES DUE TO COVID-19, RESUME DATE YET UNKNOWN
8/2/2020 - 9:45am
Prayers for our Country and World
The church is temporarily closed beginning Sunday March 22, 2020 due to COVID-19. May God bless us all, keep us safe, and allow services to begin soon. ALMIGHTY God has us under his protection no matter what happens. He is our rock. God loves us! His Word is our anchor. Let us pray together that our time apart will only last for a few short weeks. JESUS CHRIST is on the throne!
All Ages Welcomed in Sunday School
- God uses the Sunday School hour to help us understand the Bible and grow our faith
- Adults are planning to study the book of Romans through May 31, 2020
- Encourage yourself spiritually through Sunday School and Sunday School friends
fyi: The History of Chesterton Southern Baptist Church
July 2020 will mark the 29th year since a Chesterton mission was started by Valparaiso Baptist Church in 1991. The mission officially became a church about one year later. Members named it Chesterton Southern Baptist Church.
Pastor Rick Henderson has led Chesterton Southern Baptist Church the entire time.
The building was built with much donated help in 1955 by the late Rev. James C. Mills. Other congregations met there between 1955 and 1991. But they each disbanded in their own time and the building was available when Chesterton Southern Baptist Church was formed.
fyi: What are the church offices?
Worship Leader (Song Leader) ...
- He leads in the glorifying of Christ through music
- He guides the service along through its various parts
- Call upon these godly and faithful men when there is a need of any kind
- They free up the pastor more for Bible study and prayer
- Four deacons are here to serve you
- These people take care of the building and grounds
- Like deacons, they are nominated
- They are voted into office during a business meeting
Visitors...May you receive a blessing
- Grab a bulletin and a prayer request list at the back of the sanctuary
- Browse the church library and maybe borrow a book or some music for a week or two